MEET THE TEAM: Kirsty Rafferty
In honour of women’s month, we’ve put together an interview series to give our followers an opportunity to “Meet the Team” and get to know the phenomenal women behind Cape Island. We asked each member of the team the same set of questions, and first up is the delightful Kirsty Rafferty, client relationship manager.
1. Where were you born and raised? Dirtbin (Durban) born and raised in Ballito then spent 20 years in London
2. What’s your favourite scent related memory? The smell of mulberry tree leaves reminds me of lying under our mulberry tree in our back yard with my twin brother as kids
3. What are 3 words that describe you? Organised, healthy, a good heart
4. What’s your favourite song? Anything by Chris de Burg or Dire Straits (the shame of it!)
5. What’s the best part of your job at Cape Island? Having two female bosses. Working my own hours. Meeting new people on a daily basis. Working with candles!!!
6. Which fragrance from the Cape Island range is your absolute best and why? Clifton Beach – because there isn’t anything else out there that quite compares to this unique fragrance
7. If you had a free ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Canada
8. Do you have a female role model that you would like to meet in person? Cleopatrah or Oprah Winfrey
9. Is there something that you’d like to master? I would love to master sailing as my husband owns a yacht…. But the reality is I get sea sick and I don’t enjoy sailing….
10. Where do you find inspiration? I find inspiration in colour. It feeds my soul.
Stay tuned for more Cape Island faces in our “Meet the Team” series this August…